The Basic Life Support course is geared toward EMTs, paramedics, firefighters , and in-facility hospital providers. A course completion card will be provided to the successful student in compliance with the American Heart Association and will be valid for two years.
- CPR for adults, children, and infants
- AHA Chain of survival focusing on the BLS components
- Importance of early use of an AED
- Effective ventilation using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation scenarios
- Effective team member performance during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction such as choking for adults and infants
- Video-based course with real world scenarios
Minimum of 5 registered
Must attend the full class and complete the skills practice and skills test
BLS Renewal Course takes approximately 3 hours to complete
*Course time based on 1 instructor: 6 students: 2 manikins
The class is taught IN-PERSON at your location in 4 hours with a minimum of 5 registered. Depending on location, there may be a travel charge assessed.
Classes can be scheduled by calling our offices at 813.420.5891. Our administrative staff will send you an estimate within 24 hours and will assist in scheduling your class.