Basic Maintenance of Traffic / Temporary Traffic Control (Flagger) Training is required of anyone performing flagging duties.
These duties include:
- Stopping, releasing and slowing traffic using a stop slow paddle and the red handheld emergency flag.
- Working with motorist, bicyclists, and pedestrians to get them through he work zone.
- Flagging at night time and daytime.
- Working in heat and cold environments for long periods of time.
Onsite Training and Testing
This class is configured in an onsite format. Therefore, the training class will be held onsite for in-person training by an FDOT approved trainer for a period of four (4) hours.
There will be a hands-on assessment and written instructor evaluation.
Training Guidance & Requirements
To obtain the Basic MOT/TTC (Flagger), the student must complete a 4-hour training class led by a FDOT Approved Provider and successfully complete the hands-on flagging assessment.
Each student is required to have:
- an unique email address.
- a State-issued Identification card
- a computer with camera, microphone and speakers (all on for the duration of the class)
- ability to participate in class activities, online assessment and evaluations
- attendance during the entirety of the class time
- phone number to communicate with the instructor, if a problem arises
- an address where the instructor can mail any supporting documents (powerpoint, charts, diagrams, standards) to prior to the class start date/time
9-question true/false written evaluation, plus the student must successfully demonstrate their knowledge, physical dexterity and ability to perform as a flagger through a hands-on evaluation.
The target audience for the Basic MOT/TTC (Flagger) is anyone who will be performing flagging duties.
- Road construction crews
- Road maintenance crews
- Local government employees
- Public Works Department employees
- Utilities Department employees
- Police Officers
- Fire/Rescue Officers
- Landscape maintenance crews
- anyone looking to build their resume in the area of maintenance of traffic/temporary traffic control.
The Basic MOT/TTC Certification is good for four (4) years and will require a retaking of the class to maintain certification.
There are no reviews yet.